Essay #3 Audience Strategy

For this essay, my intended audience is primarily high school students who are beginning to think about the path they will want to take after graduation. For the most part, my audience revolves around students who are thinking about the various reasons to continue their education through college in order to obtain a degree in a certain field. Those who are unsure of college would also benefit from this because it will provide them with important information regarding college. Through my compositions, I would like my audience to become familiar with the benefits of attending college and thus attempt to persuade the students towards attempting to apply to a college or various colleges. In order to obtain this goal, I believe using visual genres generally appeals to younger generations. Many students do not like to read lengthy papers discussing various details and so, using visuals such as a poster or an advertisement allows me to provide my ideas in a simple and efficient manner. Furthermore, posters and advertisements are easy to access through schools or public transportation for many high school students. In order to engage the students in the thought process of college, I will use the rhetorical strategy of logos through simple and direct statistics or facts about the economic and social benefits of getting a college degree. The whole reason for this is to attract students into wanting to apply to college, and so, providing the benefits of attending college through visual genres will allow the students to keep this information in their minds when researching more about college in their own time.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Miranda McCants
    I really liked how you incorporated a topic that is widely discussed and is an issue that students go through all the time. I agree when you said how a visual representation will grasp onto the younger generation. Good Luck!
  2. Faith Morales
    I love how precise you are with your audience. Throughout your writing, you become more and more specific about who you are planning on writing for. I think you are off to a great start and your preciseness will be very useful when writing your final essay.