Essay #2 Topic Reflection

I’ve decided to continue my research with immigration because this topic is very important to me. Especially with the current political climate I want to be able to research a topic that affects many people. I’m having trouble choosing one research question so I have three in my mind right now.

Why is it easier to shame immigrants than to help them live a better life?

How can an immigrants life be controlled by others?

What is the cause of prejudice towards minorities in their home countries?

I’m not sure if these questions are good, but I do feel that these topics are important because the current government shows how they don’t have the time to help those who need it the most. I thought of these questions by trying to think of the struggles that some immigrants face in America but its hard for me to think about it in a specific and concise way. Once I get one question ready I will explore the problem that i’m trying to solve and find the research that others have put together to analyze why this topic is talked about all the time. This topic is difficult to write on but I’m sure that I will find the answers that I need.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Faith Morales
    Hey! I'm glad you're choosing to continue your research on this topic. Immigration is something that is very important and needs to be spoken about more especially in America. I think you're on the right path with your questions. Honestly, I like the second one the best. You should try narrowing the question down to how it can be controlled in America and then do research on the laws which prevent immigrants from living freely. Great job!
  2. Emily Sanchez
    This is a great topic to do further research on, especially since you're going to be expanding on your previous essay. I agree that the second question is a better option. I think you'll find more information and be able to write a well developed essay on this question. Good luck!