Essay #2 Research Topic Reflection

Rape is one of the worst social issues in our world, which is now seen as a constant in the headlines of daily newspapers. I have chosen this topic so that people in our society have concerned about this issue. Now, I have so many questions in my mind about this topic. But I think these two questions are best. Also, I am a little bit confused about which one I should use. So, my first question is Appetite for rape: Whence can parents let their daughters out? And my second question is Yet how many more incompetent girls have to commit suicide, just from some cruel beasts of sexual intercourse without her willing?  Last week, I was watching the news channel of my country where a teenager was raped and killed by a gang. Now all over the nation are protesting for justice. So, my relatives called and discussed this issue with us. They are too scared to let their daughters go outside alone. I was wondering at that moment when girls could easily go outside and lead their lives like a man. That’s how I came up with my first question. Even there are so many incidences where girls commit to suicide because of sexual intercourse. They take their lives because they don’t get justice sometimes. I think this is important to increase more awareness about this issue. We need to make sure that our daughters, sisters are safe not only inside but also outside of our nation. In my research, I will explore more about self-protection from rape, seeking justice, family support, more duty.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Alice Liu
    I think that it is great that you're shedding a light on the issue of rape and your research question is unique considering how I've never heard of someone approaching the topic of rape this way. However, I do think you should re-word your titles, and I don't know how you're going to find sources on these topic questions. So when deciding on which topic question you should do, consider the number of sources you would have.
  2. Elena Yu Xu
    It is great that you came up with this awareness about rape and suicide by providing some of the primary sources that support the plan of your research paper. Many teenagers and people are indeed committing suicide because of sexual intercourse, and other matters. So, I am glad that you had some ideas about what your research is going to be about "justice, family support..." to help others in better understanding this issue. After all, I hope you could find your specific purpose and question for your research paper, and I am looking forward to reading your research.