Essay #2-Research Topic Reflection

The topic of my research is “How is school bullying treated legally, and what are the social impacts of school bullying? “I was asked to choose this question on campus bullying because I am in my student years. There are many real cases of campus bullying around me and I have witnessed the horrors of it first hand. Through this research question, I want to learn more about the laws that exist regarding campus bullying. Therefore, more students will learn about the laws regarding school violence so that they can accurately use the legal tools to protect themselves. In the case of school bullying, it is divided into several situations. The first is when the bully has developed a habit of bullying the weaker students. The second scenario is the bullied has done or said something bad to the bully. The other type of school bullying is when the bully has bullied someone else without their awareness. But no matter what the situation is the bully needs to pay the appropriate punishment. So the question I ask is to point out what legal responsibility the bully should have in terms of the law. Just because they are minors, they should not get away with the punishment they deserve. Also as the bully and the bullied get out of school and into society, what kind of impact their school bullying has on their future development and growth. This will warn the bully that fists won’t solve any problems and calm down to think about the negative impact school violence will have on their future life.

Comments ( 4 )

1. Alexa Morales
    Hi Jiajie! I like your choice for your topic I think its very interesting and its definitely something that should be looked into more. Bullying is a serious topic that gets overlooked but it does affect our youth and I think you're on the right track!!
  2. Richard
    I think this is a great topic choice. I personally never really experienced bullying in my life so it would be interesting to learn more about it and how people could stop it.
  3. Erezana Morina
    I really like your topic. I think bullying is very important because I believe it affects a lot of people. I am eager to further read your final essay.
  4. Chao Hong
    I like how you are researching about bullying. I find this topic really interesting because the development of a person comes heavily from a person's upbringing and experience (I believe so personally) so I think it's important to understand the consequences of bullying and how it can affect both the victim and the perpetrator. I feel like you should also include in your research why bullying exists.