Audience Strategy

My intended audience consists of adolescents, as well as, adults affected by Social Media. The primary characteristics are teens from 13-20, as well as adults from 20-25. I want my audience to understand the problem that they are facing and the consequences of excessive social media. The audience should feel the wrongness of SM by not feeling guilty for using it. To make such a sentence true, I want to make a meme that is hilarious but also has indirect meaning to it. For instance, I would say, “If I had a dollar for …”, or “Now Vs. Then”. By looking at these memes, my audience would further think about the change they want to make because Social Media does not provide you financially, however it takes your time away to do something productive or fun. I think my rhetorical strategy proposes logos since my genre would appeal to logic or reason. I also want to make sure my audience is not negatively targeted by making another subway advertisement with facts, demonstrations, and visuals. In this case, I will use logos and pathos for my rhetorical strategies. As explained in my potential genre proposal, I want to make a poster as a subway advertisement. The time should be August or September since that is the time of back to school. In the poster, I will provide facts that address the negative impacts of SM. The use of logos will determine the logical argument of excessive social media so that my audience can understand and feel my poster. I will also use ethos to engage with my audience by categorizing beliefs or ideas of social media. For instance, writing a short sentence from a real person that talked about their negative impacts of social media. However,  appealing to emotions will allow the audience to understand the consequences and feel the need to change or slightly decrease their use of the internet. 

Comment ( 1 )

1. Ayesha Abdul-Fattaah
    Hello Erezana! I also want to make my own memes and plan on my intended audience being adolescents as well as adults on social media platforms. I think your topic is interesting, as a lot of people know how social media can negatively effect us, but it is as if we are all so addicted to it. I wonder about the science behind social media, what makes it so addicting. Is it the likes that boost dopamine or whatever chemical in our body? It is worth thinking about, because I heard that social media causes anxiety and depression. It seems as though, with the inevitable advancements of technology, we will never escape our phones or social media and I do not know how I feel about that. I remember as a child, my dad made me write an essay about the pros and cons of using video games. That was the first instance I was clearly aware of harmful effects of technology, and since then, technology has become even more inescapable. I really wonder what our future will look like, and the future of our next generations and so on. I think you have a good game plan and I wish you a happy writing! Thank you for sharing. - Ayesha