Audience strategy

For my third essay I want to make sure the audience I will be targetting will have little to no misconceptions towards the information that is being provided. This way, the audience I want to target can take the information the way it is supposed to be taken in. Therefore, For my third essay I want to use ads/posters that can be seen when a person is scrolling through social media going to work, going to work on a public transportation system, or simply strolling through the streets of their city. I feel like this genre is very suitable for the type of essay I am trying to write because one of the main focuses I’m trying to achieve is to get rid of misconceptions that may lead to large consequences. The rhetorical strategies that I will use for my essay would be would mainly be pathos and logos. The reason why I will be using pathos is because since the audience I am targetting are mainly people that are going to stick around for a short while I want to make sure the information I am giving will give a lasting impression and the most effective way to do that is through pathos. In addition, I will also be using logos in my essay. Without logic and reason the audience may have some doubts and might not take the information that I am providing seriously. Overall, I want to make sure the audience that I am targetting will have no misconceptions and are clear on the message I am trying to deliver.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Ayesha Abdul-Fattaah
    Hey Chao! Sometimes, it can be difficult to control how someone will perceive whatever you say, do, or write. However, for this assignment, I think it is a good idea to make your writing as clear as possible, keeping pathos and logos in mind, to ensure the reader understands your points. Also, making sure to read your writing over and over again out loud might help in terms of guaranteeing clarity and sense. I think public advertisements are interesting, because there could be a specific intended audience but also, anyone who is out in public (whether it be a child, old person etc.) is bound to witness the advertisement as well. I wonder if this is always kept in mind for any advertisement that is approved to be out in the open. I wonder what rules there are to putting up advertisements in public and what that whole process is like in general. I also plan on creating my own visual aid. I wish you a happy writing and thank you for sharing! - Ayesha