Essay# 2 Reflection

While writing my research question I found it difficult because of the way I wanted to pose the question. Like I already knew that I wanted to talk about immigrants and their contributions to America because they are so underrated. I just was struggling on a strong, clear way to present it. But I feel good, because I didn’t leave it a one word answer to my question. But as I was writing my essay, I found it hard to choose certain information because you know not all information you read in an article is supporting your topic or specific idea. So what I did was reread the whole article twice while highlighting important information that I knew I wanted to add for my analysis.

The only problems I had in a few of my sources was how to transfer the text I wanted to my paper without adding the entire message from the author, with this I simply took some information out and paraphrased into my own words. Then I started to just talk and add on from further in my thoughts. My audience in my essay was pretty clear based on my tone, it was to everyone the people in our country. Everyone needs to be talking about these immigrants and what they bring to our country, not just the bad. I feel like i’m learning more and more as I do my own research and just how I write. I still feel like I have more to develop to become that strong writer that I want to be. Not the one who second guesses herself and constantly rereading and taking stuff out and adding stuff in. Overall I enjoyed writing this paper, I’m excited to see what the next paper brings to my style of writing.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Jaden Fabro
    I also had some trouble when it came to incorporating the research I found in my research paper. It's definitely easy to fall into just putting a whole block of citations, but I'm glad that you found other ways to incorporate your research into this paper.
  2. Andrew Mark Salmieri
    Like you and Jaden, I found incorporating the research I found difficult. There is such a massive amount of information that it can be hard to include everything. Pacing yourself and making sure you are accurately supporting your analysis is a good strategy.