Essay #2 Reflection

In the beginning, I was deciding between choosing a new topic to write about or sticking with the topic I have chosen for my first essay. However, after an interesting conversation regarding the current world affairs with my parents and siblings, I found myself deeply intrigued in how the public reacted to government policies regarding Coronavirus.

I had some trouble finding some information regarding my research question because of the wording I chose when searching for scholarly articles. So, my solution was to be more specific in what I have in mind, by doing so I was able to get articles talking about a specific idea I want in my essay.

Some problem that I have encountered while analyzing my text was how sometimes the information that was being given to me through the text wasn’t helpful and I couldn’t use it in my essay because even though it was related to my topic it would be difficult to expand on the information that was given to me and implement it to the rest of my essay.

A major role my audience played was how I was trying to target people who are protestors, I want to understand the way they thought and why they made such claims. I was also targeting Americans in general because I myself am an American that is going through lockdown in America.

This process helped me understand the different types of essays there are and the purpose each one of these have. In this case, I realized that this entire essay started from a question, we began to build upon that question by researching about it which lead to information being built on top of each other. As a result, an inquiry-based research essay emerged.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Faith Morales
    I agree with you when you said there was a lot of information that was relevant but you couldn't expand on. That was probably the hardest part when righting for me. I found a lot of info that I found interesting, but because it wasn't enough I couldn't add it.