Essay #3 Audience Strategy

My topic is continuing with the issue of Marine Pollution and Pollution as a whole. My target audience for this essay will be mostly people under the age of 30, new minds, that are either just becoming real adult members in society or just became members. The reason for this is to get the next generation of people, my generation to break the cycle of ignorance regarding the topic. They are the next politicians, doctors, and scientists. Its time someone took charge to fix the problems with the planet, at least let someone start with that then maybe move onto more humanity-based issues. Before solving other controversial social issues, lets make sure we still have a planet to live on. I am choosing a broad scope and focusing on pollution in general with Marine Pollution being the key to opening the door. My plan is this to use the visual genres of a political cartoon and poster in order to get my point across to have the poster be about marine pollution and the cartoon about pollution as a whole. Start small then think big. Use one issue to open the audience’s eyes to the bigger one. People believe what they see, until they see it, they tend to ignore it as if it does not affect them. So, a political cartoon and or a series of photos may be just the right thing to get people moving and acting on the issue. Which is the whole point I am trying to get across. To get people to Act.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Emily Sanchez
    It's great that you've gathered an idea of the different concepts you're going to be addressing in each visual genre. I understand why your target audience includes new minds and I think it's true that the major way to see a change is to target the people of the future, to give them a new perspective before their minds are set. Good luck on developing your essay!
  2. Fahmida Akter
    I think the audience you choose is great because it includes young adults with a new mindset. I really like the way you are planning to use the political cartoon will be a great way to bring others issues out. Good luck with the essay!!