Essay #3 Genre Proposal

The topic of my second essay revolved around the college education system in the United States. Throughout the article, I tried to maintain an informative stance regarding the benefits and drawbacks of attending college in the United States. The purpose of my essay was mainly to provide awareness and inform those who wish to know more about an important system that many will have to think about at some point in their lives. The primary audience in regards to my second essay and this assignment are students in the United States and more specifically, high school students thinking about their future regarding college education. Due to high school students being the primary audience for this assignment, I believe using a visual genre is a good choice in regards to the audience as it will attract their attention more easily. Visuals are generally more appealing to younger generations than a long essay would be. More specifically, I believe I can convey the same purpose I had in my second essay through an informative poster about a college education. This poster will be used to provide direct statistics and facts for students to read without it being very wordy. Another specific visual genre that I can use is advertisements for a certain college. The advertisement must use conveying strategies to draw students into wanting to apply there. These are good genres to use for my topic because we see posters being put up around high school hallways for students to look at while they walk by going from one class to another, and many high school students also take public transportation in cities where we see advertisements being shown all around.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Haseeb Chaudhury
    I have a similar topic regarding education and I am also planning on using visual genres since it has more of an appeal towards the audience than other genres. I think you can convey your message more effectively by using posters and advertisements. You have a good choice in genres.