ESSAY #3 POTENTIAL GENRES PROPOSAL

The topic of my inquiry-based research essay was about the effects rape has on victims and different ways we can minimize the numbers of rape. I want to go on the same path by writing about violence against women in every form. I want to focus on the people who are not interested in the topic understand the issue and also those who disagree with certain parts of the topic. I will be using videos of victims expressing their feelings and what they went through. I will also be using data that will prove the massive number of women who are going through physical harassment every single day. I want to make a video because it will give the audience a clear visual of how affected these individuals are from the trauma they are going through. Which will help them to understand the situations these women go through and spread awareness about this issue.
Another genre to spread awareness about violence against women and the effects is an opinion editorial. It will provide me with more information and maybe help me to look at the issue from a different perspective. I will be able to use more information and knowledge on how we can provide safety to the women population.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Christine Castillo
    Fahmida, I very much like the genres you have selected to explore for this essay. Making a video will be an incredibly powerful form of communicating your intent and helping to spread awareness. What a fantastic idea. Good luck!