ESSAY #3 POTENTIAL GENRES PROPOSAL

To start, I would like to revisit my original topic from Essay #1 which was gender inequality. I believe both topics I chose were very important and meaningful issues and I would like to try and incorporate both within my essay. If I were to include both I believe my audience would be considered those who are afraid to fight for what they believe in. With this in mind, I plan to use a visual genre. I would like to include pictures of the different time periods within the Black Lives Matter movement and the fight for women’s rights. I could possibly create and collage of all of the pictures I have found or make a slideshow to show how the movements have progressed over time. My main goal within this essay is to provide examples of how speaking up for what you believe in and doing things such as protesting could really change a country for the better. Because my audience is those who are unaware of the power of speaking up, I think providing photos of protests or marches would hopefully change their mind. In my last essay, I focused specifically on America and the impact #BlackLivesMatter had on the country. However, I would like to focus, this time, on nations all around the world. I feel as though because this is such an influential topic it would be important to not limit myself to one country. I believe using a visual genre, I would be able to show the progress across the world very well.