Essay #3 Reflection

With this easy, it was very different from the approach that I took with the other two essays. I didn’t write paragraphs or even conduct any research since it was based on what I have already written. I think that overall I handled my strategy pretty well because it easy for me to come up with my writing once I got the idea set. I knew that with my topic of immigration I could use visual genre which is why I decided to use a poster for the first composition. Originally I wanted to create a video since there is already a ton of posters made based on the rights that immigrants have, but due to some unfortunate circumstances that happened to me recently I wasn’t able to get that done although I really wanted to. However, my poster still made the same points that I would’ve made in the video. I wish that I would’ve had more time to make my poster more visually pleasing but I think I did a good job with still making the vision into a reality. If I had the chance to do this project differently I would take my time with creating my own genres and be more creative with my approach. When I chose to do an op-ed, I knew that it would be a good choice because I would get to insert my own opinion on my topic and it would be much easier to fill in the rhetorical analysis that would come after it. I tried my best with adding rhetorical strategies to this essay such as Logos and Ethos but I know that I didn’t do a good job at it because I didn’t add enough evidences and resources to back up my claims or for other to reference to in the future. Overall I did enjoy this essay but if I had to do it again I would definitely manage my time better.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Chao Hong
    We had very similar genres! Both of my genres were also all visual and lack large bodies of texts because I believe that it's much easier to convey your message through images rather than words. Let's be honest would you rather look at a brick of words or an interesting paper, Hm?