Essay #3 Reflection

Composition in Two Genres was my favorite assignment in this course. I liked the idea of being creative with your topic and expressing your thought in that artwork. I was motivated to do this assignment because I projected in my head how it is going to turn out. I had high expectations, and I hoped I was going to realized what I imagined. There were many differences between this assignment and others such as the genres of artwork. I loved that we could choose between many genres and create one that fits our topic. However, I also noticed that I was not rushed doing this assignment. Usually, when I performed other assignments I was stressed and rushed which made me not focus on the writing. Despite the differences, Composition in Two Genres was significant due to its structure. I wanted to choose genres that my audience would be willing to see. I wanted something engaging and creative for my audience because adolescents can be delicate sometimes. My choices of genres were affected by my audience because I considered many factors such as location, setting, pictures, etc. The rhetorical strategies I used to engage with my audience is pathos and logos. The reason I used pathos is that I wanted my audience to feel the need to stop the excessive use of social media. I did this through my meme where I introduced a new illusion of being financed by social media for the times spent on it. I also used logos in my second genre since I provided statistics to express the reasoning for my topic. Overall, I think that composition in the two genres was an amazing opportunity to expresss some new ideas and our creativity.