Rhetorical Essay 1 Reflection

I think writing is a way for people to communicate, and persuade their ideas to another person whether or not they will understand it is up to how well the writing is. A few things that I learned are the MLA citing formatting which includes a bit more information than I originally know of. There isn’t really any strategies at least to my knowledge that I’ve used. I kind of just went into it and typing out what I think I needed to convey in my essay while following the requirements such as summary, rhetorical situation, audience, and so on. This process worked quite well but a few of the rhetorical analyses were confusing at times and it felt like I couldn’t really write a whole lot about it. Some of these include the genre of the sources which confused me greatly because it was quite simple and hard in the sense that you couldn’t really type a whole lot about it. Two more things that confused me were the rhetorical situation and purpose, both of which felt very similar in its function to the essay at least to me so it felt repetitive during and after the writing process. The stance is also something I had never written about before so it was a new experience in trying to write about it for each of the sources. I do think, however, I had pulled it off somewhat, it’s not perfect as I had wanted it but if I had to reconsider my approach I would definitely have planned the whole thing out more carefully and taken the time to really understand the requirements.

Comments ( 3 )

1. Chao Hong
    I agree on what you believe about writing. I also believe that writing is a really efficient way to express a person's beliefs and opinions. While writing my rhetorical essay there were also times where I was struggling to put more words on the text. In those cases, I had to go back to the text and reread carefully to understand what the author is trying to show the readers.
  2. Fahmida Akter
    I totally agree on writing being a way for people to communicate. I also wrote down my thoughts down which helped me a lot to put everything together in a easier way. Just like you I also struggled with the genre too.
  3. Erezana Morina
    I agree with your point "persuade their ideas to another person " because the articles prove why they are written for. I was also never familiar with rhetorical analysis, this class was the first place I learned about it.