Essay #1 Reflection

In my opinion writing is one of the best ways to express ourselves. It gives us the total freedom to get creative and put our thoughts out. Usually I write down my own thoughts about the topic and try to go from there. It gives me the chance to understand the topic much better and helps me put things together in a better way. However, it became much more difficult as I had some issues with my draft.Writing this essay without any feedback became a lot more difficult than I anticipated. However, it became better after working with one of the articles because it gave me a better understanding for the next three. I am still not sure about the genre because I don’t think I explained it correctly. However, the topic I chose gave me much better feeling about the writing because it is something I can relate to. As a Muslim I have been in many situations where people questioned and made fun of my belief. It is an ongoing problem that has been going on for a very long time. However, This assignment was a great start for me to learn different type of writing. I look forward to improving my writing skills.

Comments ( 3 )

1. Erezana Morina
    Hey Fahmida, I agree with your point where you said writing without feedback is difficult because I have not received feedback, my essay would have had several reoccurring mistakes. I was also confused about the genre, but I took the sample essays as a reference and it really helped.
  2. Armani Middleton
    Yes this is exactly how I am when I’m writing, I write down my own thoughts and then go from there... I don’t try to complicate things, just get all my thoughts down. That’s what I believe is the best thing for anyone. I also agree that this essay was a great first start for me too, and I’m looking forward to improving my writing skills for the second paper.
  3. Hudibel Ovalles
    Hi Fahmida! Great reflection! I think you and I had the same issue of understanding some parts of the rhetorical situation. In your case, the genre, in my case, the audience. I believe both of us can improve our writing skills and keep doing our best in our next essays. Keep doing like that and never give up!