Essay #3 Audience Strategy

For this essay, I am planning to direct my audience to the general public, average users of social media. I want to look for people who are aware of the issues surrounding immigration and are around my age. Since we are the next generation it makes more sense for me to reach out to the same group of people who would want to speak up for those who can’t. I want my audience to feel where I’m coming from, not just with a biased opinion. I hope that my visual essay can educate others on immigration and help immigrants know and understand the rights that they are guaranteed, even when the justice system doesn’t allow it.

An online post could quite possible attract my audience more, maybe creating a tiktok, although I personally don’t post on that app, I can try to put together a quick 1-minute video that expresses my points. With this visual representation I’ll be able to make something relatable but also do my best to reach a wide audience. I can also try to create a short informational video but I’m not quite sure if I’ll have the right equipment or confidence to film myself talking which is why I’d do the video on tiktok.

For my essay I’m going to use the rhetorical strategies and use a bit of all of them. I want to use logos because it’s the best way you can educate your readers. Pathos can also evoke an emotion out of my audience because they will understand why my topic is important.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Jiajie Liang
    Hi, Alexa! I think it's a great idea to use social networks to communicate your topic, and nowadays many people use TikTok, I really like your idea of using popular software to attract more people. I would also like this format because it's easy to use and it conveys a wide range of information. Also, immigration issues are very high on the radar in the U.S., and I think there will be a lot of people interested in these kinds of issues.