Essay #3 Audience Strategy

For essay #3 I’d like to focus my writing around an audience who is somewhat familiar to the topic. General readers can also be pointed in the direction of my essay, however the targeted audience are people who can relate to my topic and but not limited to people that can make a difference within the issue. For example, government officials, news broadcasters, ect. I would want people of all ages to be my intended audience age range due to the fact that the younger generation will most likely grow up with immigrant abuse still being an issue, and the elder population being educated with this issue for a long time. I want my audience to feel the pain and suffering that immigrant detainees felt when being stripped away from their families and treated like criminals under inhuman conditions. In response to my writing topic I also want my readers to want to further their understanding of the topic and what to feel the urgency to speak about and make change towards this issue. I hope that my visual representation gives off a sense of feeling and really touches the audience and exactly show what is the problem. I also hope that my visual images educate them on how individuals are being treated in these detention facilities, and not the propaganda the news shows. Due to my images being presented to give a sense of feeling the rhetorical device that I’d like to use is Pathos because that way my audience will have a sense of emotion when looking at the horrific images of what detainees experience. That way my audience can really understand my point and the social issue in today’s society. I want my audience to understand that individuals should not be treated with such cruel treatment and inhuman conditions with detainees starting with the age newborn to adult.