Essay #3 essay proposal

My previous essay topic is about the effects of the broken windows policing in American cities, so I will follow this topic and introduce it to anyone that doesn’t know what type of policing strategy is going on in their city. The problem with the broken windows policing is that not a lot of people really know about what it really is and probably most people don’t even know it existed. The few people that do know are the police force and anyone involved in that category or job to take care of the city, even I didn’t know what it was until I heard about it and researched it. So based on this knowledge I will create posts on social media to educate younger audiences on what broken windows policing is. I’ll create the posts in a “fun fact” type of fashion for younger audiences. The reason for targeting younger audiences is because they will live longer in these cities so it’s better to let them know earlier on what the broken windows policing is since they are most likely living in a city where it is in effect. Older generations will probably also use the internet in some way so I can also make a little political cartoon comic type of post somewhere online. These comics will show cartoons questioning the theory and then showing a chart proving the effectiveness of the broken windows policing where it effectively brings down violent crime rates such as murder, rape, and robberies. I will essentially be doing two different types of online posts.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Chao Hong
    I like how you indicated that you want to target the younger audiences because sometimes the message you try to get through may not resonate amongst people of different age groups, so by narrowing it down to a specific age range you can more effectively write your essay with the proper audience in mind.
  2. Christine Castillo
    Hey Richard, your strategy sounds well thought out and I like how you have developed a plan to reach multiple generations with the internet. Utilizing social media for the younger population makes sense and you are correct in identifying that many older individuals also spend quite a bit of time online. Creating a political cartoon that could be seen on Facebook or in online news publications is a great way to reach that demographic. Well done!