Topic Reflection: Abuse of Immigrant Detention Centers

A social issue that interests me is the abuse of immigrant detention. The use of detention centers is a strategy the government uses to enforce immigrants that travel to the United States, even those who seek asylum. Government detention centers has not only locked up innocent immigrants, but has treated them with such inhuman and cruel. This topic mostly caught my attention due to the majority of my family being immigrants and the obstacles they had to endure. Thousands of immigrants are being locked up in cages with lack of medical attention, nutrition, and explanation. Children are forced to take care of themselves with lack of food and some stripped away from their families. If the roles were switched I wouldn’t know what to do without my family by my side. Enforcement operations aren’t taking the lives of immigrant people serious, treated as if they weren’t humans. The social issue of what immigrant people have to endure when in these detention centers truly breaks my heart, and needs more accurate attention. The media is broadcasting a series of propaganda when not speaking on how ICE is treating these immigrant families. I would like to know if there is any open investigations on ICE and what are the governments plan to end the horrific brutality on immigrants. I would also like to know why has the media covered up ICE and the disturbing detention centers. Most importantly I would like to understand why the government has turned a blind eye on immigrant people.